Parent School Compact
* The C1-C12 was mailed to households on November 2017.
*The Parent Compact and Parent Involvement Policy was mailed on April 3, 2018.
Section 1118 of NCLB advocates shared responsibilities for high student academic achievement. The school-parent compact is a component of the Parent Involvement Policy. Each Title I school shall jointly develop with parents a school-parent compact that outlines how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student achievement.
Staff: We understand the importance of the school experience to every student and our roles as educators and models. Therefore, we agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of our ability:
- Teach grade level skills and concepts as prescribed in the appropriate state framework.
- Strive to address the individual needs of students.
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress through the monthly report card.
- Provide a safe positive and healthy learning environment for students.
Student: I realize that my education is important. I know I am the one responsible for my own success. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
- Get to class on time everyday.
- Write all of my homework in my Student Planner.
- Take my Student Planner home daily/weekly to be signed by my parent(s).
- Return completed homework on time.
- Be responsible for my own behavior.
- Be a cooperative learner.
- Ask for help when needed.
Parent(s): I understand that my participation in my child's education will help his/her achievement and attitude. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability.
- Encourage my child to engage in reading activities for at least 30-minutes a day.
- Encourage my child to complete his/her homework.
- Provide a quiet place/time for my child to do homework.
- Make sure my child gets adequate sleep and has a healthy diet.
- Review all school communications and return the Student Planner signed promptly.
- Attend Back to School, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Open House and other events.
- Support the school's/district's homework, discipline and attendance policies.
Parent Center Thanksgiving Potluck
Ramon C. Cortines
Superintendent of Schools
Superintendent - Local District - South