Parent Involvement Policy
Staff: We understand the importance of the school experience to every student and our roles as educators and models. Therefore, we agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of our ability:
• Teach grade level skills and concepts as prescribed in the appropriate state and Common Core frameworks.
• Strive to address the individual needs of students.
• Provide a safe positive and healthy learning environment for students.
• Communicate with parents regarding student progress through the monthly report card in the student planner.
• Providing high-quality curriculum in a support learning environment as provided by state and Common Core Standards and curricula.
• Providing high-quality instruction in a supportive learning environment by utilizing best teaching practices techniques. The classroom teachers participate in continuous on-going training throughout the year.
• Each teacher has a syllabus to describe course scope and sequence as prescribed by state & Common Core expectations.
Student: I realize that my education is important. I know I am the one responsible for my own success. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
• Get to class on time every day.
• Write all of my homework in my Student Planner.
• Take my planner home daily to be signed by my parent(s).
• Complete homework and return on time.
• Be responsible for my own behavior.
• Be a cooperative learner.
• Ask for help when needed.
• Each student is responsible to follow teacher’s syllabus guidelines prescribed by state & Common Core expectations.
Parent(s): I understand participation in my child’s education will help his/her achievement and attitude. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
• Make sure my child gets adequate sleep and has a healthy diet.
• Encourage my child to complete his/her homework.
• Provide a quiet place/time for my child to do homework.
• Encourage my child to engage in reading activities for at least 30-minutes a day.
• Support the school’s/district's homework, discipline and attendance policies.
• Review all school communications and return the Student Planner signed promptly.
• Attend Back to School, Parent-Teacher Conferences and Student-Led Conferences, Open House, Award Ceremonies, and other school events, such as Health Fair, Math/Literacy Night, and Community Clean-Up Days.
• Communicate with students & teachers regarding student progress through the monthly report card in the student planner.
• Parents shall maintain the Parent Center and conduct parent involvement activities in order to encourage and support parents in participating in the education of their children.
• Attend monthly meetings which are open to the public: SSC, ELAC, SDMC, Safe School Committee, and Discipline Committee. Each student is provided with a student planner which provides daily opportunity communication between school, home and student.